Monday, February 12, 2007

My Supplies


I have been saving lace, doily's, hanky's and button's since childhood! I LOVE going to all the church fair's ~ they are a GREAT source! I can't resist buying dupioni silk but just get a yard at a time! I also use decorator sample's. Recently my fav place to get silk ribbon and picture's on fabric is Pat Winter's site on etsy! (Patwintergatherings.etsy.com ) When I get that shopping bug in the early am hour's ~ I go right to Pat's site for relief! When I'm in New York City ~ it's Tinsel Trading on West 38th street and all the great bead & button place's nearby! Beadwork's in Providance, R.I. and Norwalk, Ct. are GREAT as well. Prayer's and good luck also help ! Recently I was in a local quilt shop and purchased plastic bag's stuffed with beautiful vintage lace for just 10 cent's a bag!!!(the picture to the right is just a small sampling!) Can you imagine???? I resisted buying it all as I wanted someone else to have the same thrill I was having! But trust me ~ I didn't leave much!

1 comment:

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Yummy laces!!!! How sweet of you to mention my site. I am so happy to help you find stash. Thanks sweet pea! By the way, I am green with envy that you go to Tinsel Trading........:-(

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther My dear Friends! How are you doing?  I have been using the time at home...