Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Touch of Heaven from Pat



"A mind that is stretched to a new idea never returns to it's original dimension." Oliver Holmes ~ I recently heard this saying and thought of my dear friend Pat. Her single idea of making a few dolls for abused woman has grown with leaps and bounds and has brought hundreds of smiles to faces that didn't have one. I just received one of the 50 charms she has sent to those who have participated thus far in the Comfort Doll Project http://www.comfortdolls.blogspot.com/ When I see Patricia A. Winter on the return address label ~ I know whatever is inside is filled with LOVE. This was no exception. One more saying that makes me think of Pat ~ "To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to LIVE gratitude is to touch Heaven."








1 comment:

Pat Winter said...

Teri, you are making me blush left and right. Goodness. I am glad it arrived. As the emails come in letting me know they arrive,I breathe easier. I can see the envelope getting hung up in machines and never reaching their destination.
Somehow I cannot get into the comfort doll blog. It says my email address is not valid. Thank goodness my son will be home in two days to straighten me out. I was frantic.
Thank you for the wonderful encouraging words my friend.They were gratefully accepted and appreciated.