Sunday, January 6, 2008

Keeping New Year's Resolution's






In keeping with one of my resolution's ~ I am MAKING time to do what I LOVE so much! The sweet little girl is a playmate for the 2 altered dolls Pat sent me. I can't seem to finish the beading around her little body. I couldn't get my needle threaded through the tiny needle and grabbed a threaded needle with black thread and it's just WRONG so she is just left hanging half beaded! I'm not sure what the crazy quilted project will be as it is an odd shape. The furry stitch is one I have shown before and just love doing! Speaking of those sweet altered dolls you see so much on Pat's blog lately ~ she is offering kit's for them for JUST $6.00 on her etsy site! You must check it out! http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=80476
The "furry stitch" is done quite simply. Run rows of 5 beads or so ~ side by side ~ for as long as you like. Then do a criss cross stitch (like my technical terms?) over the beading 5 or 6 times. Try using different colors as I did in this photo. Then cut right down the middle of your criss cross stitching ~ be VERY careful not to cut into your beading!!! Fluff your cut threads and there you have it ~ a Furry Stitch! This was taught to me by Leslie Levinson ~ an amazing crazy quilter and I'd like to add she used the correct names of the stitches!





3 comments:

Leslie said...

loved all your new year resolutions on Domestic Bliss... :) especially becoming less of me.. thanks for the reminder...

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Terri, I finally got to stop by and say HI!!!(Waving) The doll is wonderful and I love your CQ. It is good to see you playing! I hope you are having a great year. Crazy,I know,but hope it's great. Will write soon. Hugs!

girlgonethreadwild said...

What a beautiful doll! Thank you for joining in the pink artist group for a great cause! :) Please mail your square to me by March 1. If you can't meet that deadline, no worries there is also a wall hanging quilt art project in the works. I can't wait to see what you contribute, if your blog is any indication of your overflowing talents, your square will outdo us all! XO, Monica :)

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther My dear Friends! How are you doing?  I have been using the time at home...