Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Grandmother's Garden


When I redid my bedroom a few years ago ~ I purchased a lovely bedspread from Country Curtains . It was on the pricey side but matched my paint color perfectly. I used the same paint color as the walls at Restoration Hardware ~ a greenish blueish grey that remind me of the ocean.
It wasn't till a cold winter night ~ when I pulled Gramas quilt out of the closet to stay warm ~ that my bedroom really "felt" the way I had always wanted it to.
Grama hand crochet this for me probably close to 20 years ago. The pattern is called "Grandmother's Garden" ~ how perfect!
My pricey bedspread sits in the linen closet now ~ as I prefer to wrap my Gramas careful and loving "stitches" around me each night!
As you can see ~ Jake agree's!

No comments:

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther My dear Friends! How are you doing?  I have been using the time at home...