Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sea Glass From My Boy


















Look at these wonderful treasures my son Franky has collected for me just this summer! I have always had a love affair with Sea Glass but had just a few pieces from a whole lifetime of searching. This summer my son has worked off and on at a home on a private beach in New York. He combs the beach when he arrives in the morning and during his lunch break. There seems to be an endless supply! My heart melts when I look at it ~ each piece carries his touch.
Sea Glass has become the "theme" of my summer!
Notice the red piece on top of the milk jar on my window ~ that is very rare. The lavender colors just blow me away!
If you are on the East Coast of the U.S. ~ there is a Sea Glass Festival in Lewes, Delaware October 11 & 12.
For more information on Sea Glass check out this cool site ~ http://seaglassassociation.org/


No comments:

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther My dear Friends! How are you doing?  I have been using the time at home...