Thursday, September 17, 2009

Julie and Julia , Lemon Merinque Pie and The Garden

I've decided to treat myself to the movie Julie and Julia tonight but have a few minutes before I have to leave and thought we could chat.
In no time ~ you can make one of my favorite pies ~


Lemon Meringue Pie


I make it easy on myself by using the Durkee Lemon Pie Filling Mix like my Grama does .


Follow the directions for pie on the box.

This time I used Oranoque Orchards Pie Crust in the frozen section.


Making your own crust is perfectly wonderful to do ~ if time allows.





Once you've filled the baked pie shells with the filling ~ it's time to make the meringue.
I always double the meringue recipe on the pie filling box.


Put big fluffy piles of the meringue over the pie filling and fluff with a fork.

Bake according to directions on box.
I over cooked it slightly here but it didn't effect the taste at all!



Speaking of delightful eating ~

.....my lunch today was picked fresh from my garden.
I splashed with olive oil, a dash of rice vinegar, pepper and slices of fresh mozzarella.


And speaking of the garden ~
Here are some of the "firsts" ~


The green and red colors on this tomato is just beautiful!












These butterfly's were playing together on my lawn ~ bouncing into each other and flying happily around!



I'm back ~ The movie was wonderful!
It was especially fun as a blogger ~ to see what can happen by simply living out your passion.

I am posting this a couple weeks late.
After coming home from watching a Master chef baking everything from the finest ingredients
AND from scratch ~ put me to shame about using so much boxed and frozen items in my pie!

Then I remembered how many times my family and friends have enjoyed eating my pie.
My pie is worthy of a post after all!

1 comment:

Maggie R said...

Hi Terri,
I heard the movie is great. Hasn't been here yet but can hardly wait.... and as Rachel Ray says...The lemon pie looks"YUMMO"
I got tomatoes from my garden but the rabbits enjoyed the cukes and zuchinni!!!Tomorrow I will make stewed tomatoes for the freezer.
oxox
((((hugs))))
Maggie

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther My dear Friends! How are you doing?  I have been using the time at home...