Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Peak at My Crazy Quilting Project and Thanksgiving Recipes Including The Best Banana Ever From JunkGarden!

Here's a little peak at what I am working on ~ you can see I haven't finished the beading on the leaves but I thought I'd share it anyway!

Isn't stitching over rickrack fun! It always reminds me of my childhood ~ didn't just about everything have rickrack on it in the 1960's?



 There won't be time for stitching today though!
You can see out my bedroom window it's a dreary, rainy day...
just perfect for baking and preparing for Thanksgiving!
The turkey is soaking in it's brine bath until tomorrow morning and one of the busiest days of the year is about to begin for me...baking, cleaning and last minute shopping.
All my babies will be here, Jaci, Cher, Tony,Franky, Ashley.

As I am preparing, my mind always goes back to Thanksgivings past with my Mom, Grama, Frank and aunts, uncles and cousins in Maryland and South Carolina.
All of my traditions come from there and I miss them.


Teddi is already tired and the day had just began.


The guest room is ready for Jaci ......



 Christmas wrap is waiting for it's big debut this week -end .....


and Christmas cards are ready to be addressed.


Here is a gluten free version of Paula Deans Pumpkin Bars that I found on  celiac.com

4 eggs
1 2/3 cup sugar
1 cup oil
2 cups flour (I used white rice, brown rice and tapioca)
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 15 ounce can pumpkin


Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking powder in a bowl. In another bowl mix the eggs until they are fluffy, add sugar, oil, and pumpkin. Mix well. Add dry ingredients and blend until smooth. Bake in an ungreased 9" x 13" nonstick pan and bake for about 30 minutes. I used a greased glass pan and had to bake them a little longer. Cool and frost. I used this cream cheese frosting recipe:

2 ~ 8 ounce packages of cream cheese softened
1 stick of butter softened
2 tablespoons half and half
2 cups confectioners sugar
Blend butter and cream cheese. Add sugar and half and half. Mix until fluffy and frost.


Or how about this amazing dessert from Junk Gardengirl Blog  which she calls

THE BEST BANANA PUDDING EVER!


Click Junk Garden Girl Blog for recipe.


Have a Blessed day of Giving Thanks!

"I do not think of all the misery, but of the glory that remains. Go outside into the fields, nature and the sun, go out and seek happiness in yourself and in God. Think of the beauty that again and again discharges itself within and without you and be happy."- Anne Frank

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Wonderful post! You put so much thought into your blog and everything you do. Your CQ project is gorgeous!

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Enjoyed "visiting" you today. I so enjoy seeing others enjoy the preparations of family events as much as I do. Pies are out of the oven and I have some time for a cup of low-fat eggnog and blog browsing. Your CQ is beautiful. Love the colors and all.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your dear family.
Blessings and hugs my friend,
Pat

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther My dear Friends! How are you doing?  I have been using the time at home...