Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Felted Pins and Our First Grandbaby!

Hi Friends!

Gosh, its been a long time and with good reason.


Life got a little dicey shortly after my last post this summer.

 

One day I'll tell you all about it but for now on to bigger and better things!
I wanted to share these felted pins with you that I just finished making.
My local health food store, New Morning in Woodbury, Ct offered to sell my crazy quilted pouches but I wanted to offer their customers something at a lower price point as well.
Then I was reminded about Pat Winter's felting and embellishing class on her Etsy shop.
 Seriously, if you don't want to add a new addiction to your life don't even go there!
Following her clear and easy instructions, I used wool roving and felting tools to attach tiny scraps of silk and fibers to a felt base. 

If you have trouble finding felting supplies locally, search etsy for some good buys on Clover felting supplies as well as wool roving.
The beading and added silk ribbon embroidery was done sitting in a sunny window in my favorite chair in my sewing studio. They were pure joy to create.
Pat often has pdf files of images like I've used for sale on her site as well as a supply kit.
I'm also planning on making some as gifts with a pic of my first  granddaughter Juliana Lee.
Isn't she a beauty!
What lovely Christmas gift's don't you think?
I won't be selling these on line but if you happen to find yourself in Woodbury, Ct stop by New Morning and get yourself one!
Or head over to Pat's shop make some of your very own!
                                 

Here's Frank and I in awe of our 1st grandbaby
Juliana Lee


   
For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him. Therefore I have lent her to the Lord. As long as she lives, she is lent to the Lord.”

1 Samuel 1:27-28

Father Let your Light shine through all the fun, silly things I have planned for Juliana.
Please Shine through the dolly clothes I make her, the trips to fun places and let everything good be a seed that grows inside of her for Your purpose in Jesus name I pray.
Amen


2 comments:

Pamela Kellogg said...

Oh, what beautiful brooches! Yes, I can see Pat's inspiration in them. So lovely!!! And what a pretty little baby! You look very happy and very pretty yourself!

I hope you're doing well. I think of you often!

Hugs, Pam

DH said...

Hi Terri, This is Dawn H from Pinterest. I enjoy reading your blog and seeing your beautiful creations. I hope that you are doing well and have a wonderful Christmas!

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther My dear Friends! How are you doing?  I have been using the time at home...