Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Year's Worth of Crazy Quilted Work Felting, BoHo, Cigar Boxes and Links to Inspiration.

Dearest Friends ~ 

How wonderful to see you again!

How about if I share some of my work from the last year and we can get caught up.


Felted Boxes

My pal Pam Kellogg honored me by featuring this wall hanging in her 2015 Crazy Quilt Calendar for the month of September. This piece is now offered on my etsy shop along with a free calendar with your purchase!

 
It won a Second place ribbon at the Big E State Fair in Mass ~ what an honor!

This was a Bible cover felted for my granddaughter Juliana.

Part of a cuff for my daughter.
 
 Felted nightlights ~ they are so pretty when light. Here is a link to the two I have listed on Etsy
 
For my friend Gynora when she lost her Dad in Jan 2014.

I am crazy about cigar boxes! Here are four each covered in crazy quilt.
(I have lots of cigar boxes on my etsy shop if you'd like to try this.)
 

 

 More felted fever ~ this time puzzle pieces that my pal Pat Winter made us all crazy about!

A wedding pouch for a friend.

(You might want to check her out here ~ Juliana Harkavy Kupchick ~ if you are a fan of Constantine, Walking Dead, Dolphin Tales. Her Facebook link and latest films coming out)

Juliana's etsy shop.

To me she's just sweet Juliana.

Crazy Quilted clutch
 
I just adore this ~ a broken brass mirror takes on a new life as a piece of art.


I've been having a blast making these kits for my customers!
 
A tiny little Neck Pouch
 
Felted scene attached to a sea shell
 
A boho bag for Mom using a modified version of Pat's BoHo Fever pattern.
I had a small amount of this sample fabric with a $110.00 price tag so I made it work!

A pouch for my daughters mother-in-law with a pic of the grand baby we share.
 
A change purse using Pat's wonderful pattern. Here's a link to some of her free tutorials.
 
A felt heart of Pat's parents with vintage lace.
 
I love the butterfly's used here on this pouch for my cousin ~ I've been putting them on a lot of my pieces because they are so cheerful! I have included them in some of my kits on Etsy.
 
I've been adding these vintage French laundry labels on all my pieces the last year.
I just LOVE them!
 
This is a felted bear vest I made for Pat's bear. It came on Flowers from FTD I sent her years ago ~ then she sent me the same flowers this year so I had my bear to use to make the pattern!
Such fun! The stick pin is very vintage.



 
My sweet grandbaby's tender touch ~ a future crazy quilter?

 This was taken while having afternoon tea on a big southern porch this summer at an inn in Charleston, South Carolina.
Mom gifted us with a nights stay there ~ a treat I never could have imagined!
Besides climbing on the rooftop outside of the room late at night to enjoy the view ~ this moment on the porch stitching was my favorite part!
 
Feel inspired today friends!
Do you have a place to be creative in your home?
Be it a plastic tackle box filled with supplies or a whole room ~ let it be the gift you give yourself this New Year!
 
                                                                      Me and Baby J
 

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Beautiful!!! You've been a very busy girl.

Summer said...

such beautiful work!

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther My dear Friends! How are you doing?  I have been using the time at home...