Monday, September 17, 2007

My 2 Hours in Heaven ~ Amish Country

I was making my way home to Ct. from my family reunion last week-end in Maryland and took a short detour through Intercourse, Pa. I was happily alone and able to go quickly (I gave myself a 2 hour limit )through all my fav quilt shops. I stocked up on jams and canned goods at the Kitchen Kettle and had lunch at the Best Western in Intercourse. I believe they serve some of the best food in the area. I sat by the window and looked at the door of the suite we always stayed in when the kids were little. I could still see their little excited faces and watch them swinging on the swing set that once was there. I will admit my heart hurts alittle whenever I return to this special paradise ~ remembering what once was.






















































No comments:

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther My dear Friends! How are you doing?  I have been using the time at home...