Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"Another I"

Imagine the house has emptied of family for the day. You are sitting in your favorite chair while the afternoon sun pours in the window ~ having a good, hard cry~ the kind you hold in till you are alone. You hear the mailman plop a box outside your door.You open it to find this ~ ~ ~ a soldering iron and kit that you have been dreaming for for ages, a sweet note pad you have been eyeing at Barnes and Noble, adorable collection of tiny buttons , chocolate,candy and oh my ~ the most beautiful little dolls. Most important ~ you feel the love that pours out of the box and know the uncanny timing is more like divine intervention. Anyone will recognize this is Pat's handiwork.
I have found some quotes that celebrate friendship and I dedicate them to my friend who always seems to "show up" at just the right time!

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." Anaia Nin

"The only good teachers for you are those friends who love you, who think you are interesting or very important, or wonderfully funny." Brenda Ueland

"There are people whom one loves immediately and for ever. Even to know they are alive in the world is quite enough." Nancy Spain

"Another I." Zeno







1 comment:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Aren't friends amazing? I love your quotes. And I am glad your package arrived when you needed it most :-)
Penny

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther My dear Friends! How are you doing?  I have been using the time at home...