Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sane Quilting (verses Crazy Quilting)

I am really enjoying the quilting classes I started in January. We are doing a block a month for a year. These are my first 2. I am not used to being so precise and have already had to "doctor" things a bit to keep the block the correct size. For example ~ the vintage lace at the top of the quilt shop was not supposed to be there but I needed to add a tiny fabric strip to correct the size ~ and I hid it with the lace. I am perfectly happy with that ~ being creative should be JOYFUL and not cause too much aggravation :)

2 comments:

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

These house blocks look perfect to me. It has been so long since I made a traditional pieced quilt. This will be a beautiful quilt.

Anonymous said...

Good post.

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther My dear Friends! How are you doing?  I have been using the time at home...