Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Road Trip to See My Family in S.C. ~ First Stop ~ Lexington, Virginia

Lexington, Virginia ~ I arrived in town about 4:30 pm after being on the road for 10 hours.

This was going to be a quick nights sleep ~ then back on the road first thing in the morning.



Until I pulled up to THIS ~ where my room was for the night!

This is a Hampton Inn and at just $110.00 per night ~ I was not expecting such a lovely sight!

It is a beautiful southern mansion with an addition in the back where the rooms are.




I freshend up and took a walk ~ just a block away ~ to this beautiful town steeped deep in Civil War history.

It is the home of Andrew Jackson ~ who's garden's I walked through.

Isn't this just utterly breathtaking!!!!

And I love the way the street signs are placed right into the side of the buildings.


Enjoy the beautiful buildings ~ all within a few blocks of each other.














1 comment:

Pat Winter said...

Next year I want to meet you in PA and spend a few days having fun!
Really!
Hugs,Pat