Friday, March 20, 2009

This Week's Work ~ Crazy Quilted Pillow

This week-end is my sister-in-law's birthday so I decided to make her a pillow in some of her fave colors.
I hope she like's it :)

Here is how it started ~ with beautiful fabric's and cigg print from my sweetie pie Pat. http://gatherings100.blogspot.com/

After embellishing ~ I used old trim I found in Mom's attic this fall.
First I starched and pressed it and then added a ring of it around the pillow ~ gathering a bunch in each corner.

Och! Tell me this isn't the MOST painful part!
Turning it right side out and praying all the beading and buttons behave!


Ahhhh ~ relief! All is well!

Most of the silk ribbon I used is hand dyed by Pat.
You may be lucky enough to find some in her Etsy shop!

I am not good at stitching words and numbers so I use primitive straight stitches ~ that don't always come out straight~
and then cover my mistakes with my fave stitch ~ the sweet french knot.
I like them a bit off and willy nilly!



And by the way ~
HAPPY SPRING!!!!!!!



3 comments:

The French Bear said...

That is absolutely exsquisite, I would love to be able to do that embroidery! Love the colrs too.
Hugs,
Margaret B

The French Bear said...

I mean colors!!
MB

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Beautiful! This gift will tickle her toes! Love it! The lace around the edges set it off perfectly.
Hugs,Pat

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther My dear Friends! How are you doing?  I have been using the time at home...