Thursday, July 30, 2009

Won't You Rate My Space???

On a whim ~ I uploaded these and other photo's last week on HGTV's Rate My Space.
I was absolutely beside myself the next night when my kitchen was the # 1 viewed Space.
In the grand scheme of things ~ it's not such a big deal but for me ~ it was huge!
Me and decorating have been pals since I can remember............

The very first play activity I remember doing ~ next to digging in the garden and swinging on my swing ~
was rearranging and decorating my basement at age 4 or 5.
I once bite the boy next door on the ankle as he ran up the basement stairs because he didn't want to decorate with me anymore. ( we were both age 5 ~ sorry Gary Lear wherever you are!)
I swear this is true ~ when my Mom found out ~ she gave me a well deserved spanking and gently "placed" me on her bed.
As I fell onto her bed ~ I remember thinking how much I loved the white chenille bedspread!

When I was about 10 ~ a new boy moved in across the street. He LOVED decorating !!!
We spent an entire summer in my basement ~ making rooms out of all Grama's old curtains.
We nailed them to the beams on the ceiling and tucked them into wires.
We created entire "apartments" and then redid the whole thing ~ over and over.

Almost every Fri. night until I was a pre-teen and started going out with friends ~
I shut myself in my bedroom with the radio blasting ~
so Grama wouldn't hear me moving the furniture and see the scratches I occasionally made on the new hardwood floors.
I cleaned, organized and changed my room around a million different ways.
I would then put on my best jammies, climb into bed with a book and fold the top sheet perfectly down ~
I felt like a princess!
The whole room smelled like Pledge ~ which as the years passed ~
also hide the smell of the cigg I would sneak!


My Classic Kitchen With Vintage Touches







Here is the link to my "SPACE" ~

http://www.roomzaar.com:80/rate-my-space/Kitchens/A-Classic-Kitchen-With-Vintage-Touch/detail.esi?oid=6989925

3 comments:

Bunny Chic Boutique said...

LOVE your Kitchen ~ it's so Gorgeous!! I'll hop on over and rate it as Excellent!!

Bunny Hugs ~

Jayne

Maggie R said...

Your space is beautiful Terri, I really enjoyed your story about your desire to decorate... You sure have the knack... Congrats...
xoox
((((hugs))))
Maggie

Kellie said...

I love your kitchen! I love how it shows you can make the most of a small space.

Your curtains are adorable!

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther My dear Friends! How are you doing?  I have been using the time at home...