Saturday, August 29, 2009

Make Your Own " Metal Look House " Number Plaque

I have wanted one of these cast iron house signs for so long but they are quite pricey.  My budget is $10.00 ~ let's try to make one for less than that!

I found an oval wood plaque from Walmart ~ on clearance for .50 cents.
Paint your wooden plaque with 3 coats of black craft paint.
Paint a ring of silver accent color around the outer edge of your wooden plaque.

I didn't have a paint brush so used a Q tip - giving it a bit of a worn look that I like.If you want nice crisp lines ~ go with the brush.
The letters were purchased at Lowe's for under $10.00.
Screw those in and you are done!
(Try not to strip the screws ~ like I did on the one at the top of the seven)

No comments:

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther My dear Friends! How are you doing?  I have been using the time at home...