Sunday, June 6, 2010

The MOST Important Thing ~ My Daddy

You ~ my blogging friends are more special to me than you will ever know.
I have gleened so much wisdom, joy and inspiration from your writings, creative work, family pictures and bumps along the way.
Though I have shared so many of the important parts of my life with you ~ it occured to me recently I havent shared the MOST important thing ~ My Daddy . 


I have always known my precious Jesus.
I remember at age 4 ~ being the only person I knew who did not have a father.
Then my Sunday School teacher said God was my Father. That's it (!!!) I thought ~ everyone else has an earthly father but mine is God!


I spoke to Jesus always ~ but my fondest memories as a very young child are speaking to him in my Pop-Pop's garden and while swinging on my swing.
His voice is soft and true ~ as real as the ground below and the sky above.

Even at 51 ~ I know I am still His little girl!


In 1979 ~ I was at a Jimmy Swaggart Crusade in Greenville, SC.
My Mom's church was ushering and I attended with her.
I was living in Aspen,Colo. at the time and doing things I knew conflicted with my faith.

During the crusade ~ I experienced the sensation of being lifted off of the ground.
My Mom's friend Marge Hill brought me backstage in this little hallway behind the stage and began to pray for me.
She said "Terri ~ say the first thing that comes to your mind."
All I kept seeing was the word ABBA written across my brain like a huge banner.
I was embarrassed to say it because that was the name of a famous rock group at the time.
Mrs. Hill kept insisting so finally I said "Abba "
It was at that time she told me the meaning of that word in Hebrew ~ Dear Father or Daddy.

We both collapsed in tears and wonder ~ no word could have ever been more meaningful to me.

As we drove home from the conference that night  ~ a heavenly prayer language began to flow through my mind. The term "speaking in tougues " that I had read in the Bible became a reality.


It was this night that I learned about a new and powerful dimension of being my Father's child.
 
I have failed and fallen short countless times since then but He never leaves me ~ never walks away.
 
He will do the very same for you.
 
It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions ~
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

Lamentation 3:22-24 (King James Version)

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I hope this lets me comment, I love the same Father! God Bless you on your journey of faith,
Laurie

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther My dear Friends! How are you doing?  I have been using the time at home...