Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Kokoro no Te = Heart & Hand

Spring has taken soooooo long to arrive this year ~ I had to take a break and create a cheerful project!
This was made from a pattern in the book "Kokoro no Te."
It is filled with Japanese inspired treasures to create.
They are all done by hand but are quite easy and relaxing to do.


This  vibrant flower center is a pin cushion that can be removed to hold a handful of buttons.


This needle book contains 5 felt pages to hold many,many special needles and your favorite glass head pins.


The little felt cherries that hang are mini pin cushions ~ sweet as can be!


Here is a little pillow I made for my Pastor's wife Carmela, to thank her for a special gesture.


First I created the square pillow ~


then centered it in the middle of one of Grama's doily's and hand stitched the two together.

        The doily creates a beautiful backing.


 The pussy willows on my table are getting green shoots and promising spring is truly here.
Please do hurry!
And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast
rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.
Percy Bysshe Shelley

April is a promise that May is bound to keep.
Hal Borland

Until then ~ let's eat Cupcakes!


Easy Cupcakes

• 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour

• 1 1/3 cups sugar
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup shortening
• 1 cup milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2 large eggs


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Add shortening, milk, and vanilla. Beat for 1 minute on medium speed. Scrape side of bowl with a spatula.
Add eggs to the mixture. Beat for 1 minute on medium speed. Scrape bowl again. Beat on high speed for 1 minute 30 seconds until well mixed.
Spoon cupcake batter into paper liners until 1/2 to 2/3 full.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 5 minutes in pans then remove and place on wire racks to cool completely.
Once cupcakes are completely cooled, frost with your favorite frosting recipe or decorate as you desire.

Recipe from the web site Cup Cake Recipes.com

5 comments:

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

What a delightful post! Hand me one of those cupcakes!!!! Love the pin cushion creation. I may have to get that book, I love different things holding special meanings,and that is certainly different.
Your table looks so inviting...I'll be right over.
The pillow is so beautiful and such a special gift. Lovely hearts create lovely things I say!
Hugs to you SP
Pat

FredaB said...

I second that. Send 2 of those cupcakes over here. Also that book looks like one I should have also.

Just kidding. I wanted to comment on your redwork pillow on your etsy. I just love it. I am starting a raggedy Ann & Andy small size quilt for a great grandchild who may come someday when I am long gone. What color red did you use. I have done redwork many times but can't remember if there was one color better then another for not running.

When you get the time could you tell me what you used. Also I just love the fabric you put on the pillows. Is that available thru quilt shops or JoAnnes?

Would love to get some of that.

Spring is coming and then our nice long summer for us all even though it goes too fast.

Hugs

FredaB

Laurie said...

I love this beautiful post Terri, everything is so pretty! I love the pillow, your cushions, and oh cupcakes!! Thank-you!!

Lovey said...

Such beautiful treasures you have created...Thank you for all you do Terri...heartfelt and warm...Manny blessings my friend...and again thank you so much for your encouraging words...Lovey

Carole said...

Terri,
Your work is exceptional. What incredible detail you incorporate into each piece.
Thanks for stopping by
It's wonderful to meet a fellow Ct blogger.

x
Carole

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther My dear Friends! How are you doing?  I have been using the time at home...