Monday, February 16, 2015

My Crazy Quilting in Pam Kellogg's Crazy Quilt Quarterly and Etsy Offerings

Hi there Friends!
With over a foot of snow on the ground here in Connecticut ~ I'm dreaming of Spring!!!
I spent the day making these kits for my my etsy shop ~ silk flowers are the next best thing to the real thing and set your mind to dreaming of the garden, the moist spring soil and the warm sunshine.

I'm down to just a tiny bit more of my hand dyed ribbon ~ I was saving these for my own stash but offering them in my shop will force me to plan a silk ribbon dyeing day soon!
They are all priced under $9.00 so they won't break the budget.


I created this little scene on a muslin outline of my hand for my dear pal Pat.
We spent some wonderful days a couple years ago at my parents condo in the Charleston, SC area and I found we both loved ponds and the creatures they hold like frogs, dragonflies etc.
In the tiny space of my hand print, I tried to recreate the sea, pond and flowers we enjoyed together.




I had purchased tiny bits of antique lace from Maureen Greeson and cut the little outlined bits out to create the look of sea life.
I just love using the lace in that way even though it "hurts' cutting into antique lace!





Have you seen the Spring issue of  Crazy Quilt Quarterly?
Check it out on the above link to get your copy for how to's, eye candy and everything stitching and crazy quilting!


I was honored that Pam Kellogg included some of my work in this issue!


As is the case with many of you ~ life has been a bit over bearing lately.
Last night I sat in my sewing room stitching and watching the Saturday Night Live Special.
I laughed for hours watching and remembering my teen years and the friend's who shared so many Sat nights watching Mr Bill, Mom jeans, Waynes World and on and on.


This morning I woke up with all the same issues but feeling such a skip ion my step.
I'm sure it was from all the laughing!

I love what the Bible says about Laughing ~

Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. Proverbs 31:25

A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22
     
He will yet fill your mouth with laughter, and your lips with shouting. Job 8:21

                                   So LAUGH my friends!
                                                       (if Jayke can do it so can you ;)



No comments:

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther My dear Friends! How are you doing?  I have been using the time at home...