Monday, October 29, 2007

I LOVED yesterday!

Yesterday was just one of those wonderful day's. I had a nice roast with veggies from the farmers market cooking in the crock pot all day while I did laundry and puttered around the house. My husband was redoing a retaining wall in our yard. Late in the afternoon ~ Ashley decided to go get pumpkins for us all to carve. While i made some mashed potatoes and an apple pie (see post for my apple pie recipe)~ she and my son Franky got pumpkins. After dinner ~ Ryan ~ Ashley's boyfriend joined us and we carved while my husband made pumpkin seeds. Look how wonderful the pumpkins turned out! I used Martha's idea of cutting the hole in the bottom instead of the top ~ it worked GREAT! (mine is the cat to the right) Notice how HUGE my son Franky's pumpkin is! Day's like this are the kind I dream of. I love my home and taking care of it. I love my family and taking care of them.Life isn't always this simple and good. Yesterday was!



























2 comments:

Pat Winter said...

What a wonderful "Family" day. I love the days when dinner stews or cooks slowly as housework gets taken care of with ease. It is why I love being a domestic engineer. Days like you had are few and far between anymore. I enjoy them as I can.Continued blessings to you and your family!

Charmed said...

I love days like that too. They don't happen that often, cherish them when they do come around!!