Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Yummy Winter Meal ~ Tortilla Soup

I really get my money's worth from Martha Stewarts "Everyday Food!"
It comes out monthly and was just $10.00 for a years subscription.
Today I tryed the " Tortilla Soup With Black Beans. "

It was WONDERFUL !

Recipe ~ my version ~
Add 4 large minced garlic cloves to 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet.
Add 2 teaspoons chili powder and cook on med. heat till garlic is cooked ~ a few minutes.
Add one carton of Pomi chopped tomatoes (16 oz) (or your fav brand)
1 can 14.4 oz chicken broth (i use the organic cartons)
2 cans (15 oz ea) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 package (10 oz) frozen organic corn ~ i used shoe peg corn
Simmer for about 10 minutes.
Season with salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes to taste.
I melted cheddar cheese over organic blue tortilla chips and put this on top of the soup before serving.
Also a little lime is wonderful.
Serve with a big salad ~ what a yummy meal!!!
And easy on the wallet too!

This brand is HANDS DOWN the BEST!!!
We started using it when my daughter and husband developed food allergy's many years ago.
You can eat it right out of the carton ~ it taste like summer fresh tomatoes!



No comments:

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther

Vintage books, Felted Bookcover and Wisdom from Martin Luther My dear Friends! How are you doing?  I have been using the time at home...